Asset Protection Lawyer Los Angeles
You’ve worked a lifetime accumulating assets and property, it is critical to preserve and protect those assets. Estate planning and asset protection can give you peace of mind in the event of a debilitating illness, or attack from creditors. An estate planning attorney can ensure a smooth transfer of your estate to the special loved ones in your life, in accordance with your exact specifications.
Why Most Clients Need a Trust
Estate planning involves more than just writing a Last Will and Testament. In most cases, it is most advantageous to establish a “Living Trust” or “Revocable Trust” for the purpose of holding assets and property. Such a trust serves a number of important purposes including the avoidance of probate, and a measure of asset protection. In some cases requiring additional asset protection, an “Irrevocable Trust” is recommended.
Estate Planning Decisions to Consider
There are many issues to consider in creating an estate plan. Some things to consider include the following:
- What is the approximate value of my assets?
- Who do I want to eventually receive, or benefit from, those assets?
- Who should manage my assets during my lifetime if I am unable to do so?
- Who should take care of my children if I become unable to care for them?
- Who should make financial decisions on my behalf if I am unable to do so?
- Who should make medical decisions on my behalf if I am unable to do so?
Your Estate Planning Attorneys
McFarlin LLP would like to be your estate planning attorneys. We can help you with the hard decisions and share our insight having gone through the estate planning process with countless clients. Contact one of our knowledgeable estate planning attorneys today (888) 728 0044, or email us.
Ask Our Lawyer’s a Question
Use of this form for communication with our office does not establish an attorney-client relationship, confidential information should not be sent through this form.